You’ve probably read in some articles about how Artificial Intelligence is going to replace your job. I’ve been reading a lot about the Future of Jobs lately, so I invited Dr Eva Balan-Vnuk, a senior business & thought leader onto the podcast to discuss this really important topic. Dr Eva holds the role of Executive Director of ICT and Digital Government for South Australia and has held other senior roles such as State Director for Microsoft.
We cover many interesting and relevant topics for all business leaders, including:
1. As a leader through times of change, you need to provide HOPE, TRUST, EMPATHY and STABILITY
2. WHO is responsible for educating people for radical change – Employers? Employees? Governments?
3. WHY DIVERSITY is important in technology organisations
4. Regardless of whether you’re a Corporation or Social Enterprise, you have to COMPETE with everyone to get the $’s out of people’s pockets.
5. What’s the right TRAINING MODEL in a world of such great change? Uni? Vocational? On The Job? Just in Time?
We also talk about promoting Tech Careers for Young Women (HerTechPath), the 4th Industrial Revolution, who gave Mark Zuckerberg the right to govern Freedom of Speech, the NDIS, Not for Profits, Ethics in business, Cyber Security.
If you want to find out more about Eva, or Her Tech Path:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HerTechPath and https://twitter.com/Eva_BalanVnuk
Until next time….keep INNOVATING, OVERCOMING and PROSPERING
REFERENCES IN THIS EPISODE
Podcast Episode with Kelly Drewett
Are you getting value for your own business from the Podcast? We’d love to keep the podcast advertiser free but need your help in covering costs. Support us on Patreon . Even if you can only afford the price of a cup of coffee a month, it will make a big difference. Maybe chat to your accountant – you might even be able to claim it as a Tax Deduction!
Audio Post Production by S.Byrne, in collaboration with the SAE Creative Media Institute, Adelaide.